09 February 2010

Not so great at this whole blogging thing, apparently!

I wish I could say that my life has been more exciting than it has been for the past week, but I feel kind of like I'm in the movie Groundhog Day [even though I've never seen it!]. Unpacking is just about done -- we just need to add some final touches [read: furniture] to the mix and everything will be fabulous. I ordered a little bar set last night and I cannot wait for it to arrive! Only a couple things left -- a nice desk and a set of bookshelves that have been picked out, but will be ordered later this month!


We've had one of our favorite couples over for dinner and it was fabulous. We had steak and pasta and salad, but it was funny to realize what we had forgotten in preparation -- some sort of cheese/crackers to snack on while the hubby cooked, etc. It made me laugh. We're having a couple of the husband's coworkers and their wives over for dinner tonight and it should be fun (and slightly less crazy seeing as how we've had one dry run already!)

I've stuck to my running schedule for the past week which was exciting and I had a very smooth and pretty quick 8 mile run on Sunday. I'm looking forward to my running for the next couple of weeks as we'll be on vacation in warmer weather and I'll finally be able to run outside! :)

Speaking of vacation -- we're heading down to see family, do a little romantic thing for Valentine's day and also visit friends. I'm so excited and hoping that our flight down tomorrow goes smoothly -- our connection is in Washington DC and to say they've been having "snow trouble" is an understatement!

As for our menu this week, it's super easy --

Monday: macaroni+cheese, hot dogs [random, yes]
Tuesday: rotini + meatballs in marinara sauce, salad
Wednesday - Sunday: vacation!

1 comment:

Samantha said...

I love that bar set!! I've been looking for something like that! :)
PS the snow in DC is intense!