05 April 2010

a new week with a lot of NEW!

This evening has been super relaxing. I made dinner with the hubby and we lazed around and watched old episodes of 30 Rock. Love it.

Today I accomplished a lot of stuff that I've wanted to do but haven't gotten around to in the past. I had researched a few different volunteer opportunities up here and I finally signed up/applied for a few of them. One that I'm really excited about is a literacy program that has six sessions of training, but eventually I'll be helping locals improve their reading ability! I also signed up for several educational-ish trainings/classes and talked to friends about taking a couple craft classes [stained glass and then a soap + bath salts class]. 

I've also developed a new workout plan to keep me on track while I am not in training for any race in particular. I'm incorporating 2 days of swimming, 3 days of running, weight lifting, spinning and even some yoga and pilates on my "easy" days! Today I got in a fabulous 1500m swim with a friend and am looking forward to running tomorrow despite being busy with training sessions!

As for our meals this week, our schedule got a bit screwed up last week because of some GORGEOUS weather over the weekend. We had to scrap the schedule in favor of grilling out with friends all weekend, so there are a couple of repeats this week!

Monday: homemade burgers [stuffed with cheese and spices!]
Tuesday: steak + potatoes and salad for him, split pea soup for me
Wednesday: leftover soup
Thursday: chicken fajitas
Friday: sloppy Joes and side salad
Saturday: homemade pizza [red pepper, goat cheese, onion, and garlic as toppings!]
Sunday: garlicky baked shrimp and green beans

No comments: