This past week has been really exciting [and super busy!] but I'm hoping to be back more regularly now that everything is settling down a bit!
First and foremost, my mom stayed with us for the past few days after our little trip to NYC. We had a great time roaming the streets, seeing shows [Love, Loss and What I Wore and the intriguing musical HAIR], and shopping! We even had time to meet up with friends and snag lunch with the always lovely JLC!
My mom and I have been going non-stop these past few days and I just dropped her off at the airport earlier this afternoon. We added some fun stuff to the apartment -- photos to come, hopefully sooner rather than later! -- including fun bar stools, a fabulous mirror, decanter, two ottomans and getting our coffee table fixed!
To top all of that off, I received [good!] news about my husband's upcoming promotion and I anticipate we'll know more details in the coming days. After I go to my little class tonight, we're going out to dinner to do a little celebrating and to get some quality time in since we've both been so busy!
With all of that going on, we managed to hit up the gym with SFPM to work out too -- swimming on Monday [1000m], running on Tuesday [4.5mi], and then Cardio Pump and spinning yesterday. Today was a fabulous rest day and breakfast at a local eatery! Last but certainly not least, SFPM, mom and I even went to Bingo last night and had a ton of fun. No one in our little group won, but the fun we had was worth it!
Our extremely belated menu for the week:
First and foremost, my mom stayed with us for the past few days after our little trip to NYC. We had a great time roaming the streets, seeing shows [Love, Loss and What I Wore and the intriguing musical HAIR], and shopping! We even had time to meet up with friends and snag lunch with the always lovely JLC!
My mom and I have been going non-stop these past few days and I just dropped her off at the airport earlier this afternoon. We added some fun stuff to the apartment -- photos to come, hopefully sooner rather than later! -- including fun bar stools, a fabulous mirror, decanter, two ottomans and getting our coffee table fixed!
To top all of that off, I received [good!] news about my husband's upcoming promotion and I anticipate we'll know more details in the coming days. After I go to my little class tonight, we're going out to dinner to do a little celebrating and to get some quality time in since we've both been so busy!
With all of that going on, we managed to hit up the gym with SFPM to work out too -- swimming on Monday [1000m], running on Tuesday [4.5mi], and then Cardio Pump and spinning yesterday. Today was a fabulous rest day and breakfast at a local eatery! Last but certainly not least, SFPM, mom and I even went to Bingo last night and had a ton of fun. No one in our little group won, but the fun we had was worth it!
Our extremely belated menu for the week:
Monday: homemade chicken pot pie
Tuesday: dinner out on the town with momma [she's treating us!]
Wednesday: chili with garlic cheddar biscuits and salad
Thursday: celebratory dinner out!
Friday: sloppy joes + broccoli
Saturday: homemade pizza + garlicky green beans and red potatoes
Sunday: his and hers make-your-own combo burgers [cheddar? goat cheese-stuffed? bacon?] and leftover garlicky green beans and red potatoes








1 comment:
Sounds like a great time with your momma!
Post a Comment