So we've had a lazy but fun couple of days up here in the north country! Sfpm and I have been working out like maniacs and managed to keep up our fab workout schedule all week. I rushed around town a bit on Thursday -- I met with a friend who is interested in getting me involved in realty up here. We had an informal interview with her boss and she expressed that if I wanted to get my license, she'd get me started in their company. It was a little overwhelming, so I need to review the information and get back to them with some questions I have.
Friday brought errands around town and I crossed a few things off the to-do list. Our bathroom was a hot mess as it is handicapped-accessible and has no storage. While I love that the handicapped aspect of it gives us much more room in the apartment, those little things [lack of storage, etc] have driven me slightly crazy! So, I sucked it up and bought a fun little six-square storage shelving thing. It actually looks pretty cool in the bathroom and I've added baskets to 4 of the 6 squares for "hidden away" storage.
I also bought some supplies to make a wreath for the front door seeing as how it has started to feel like spring around here. I hung it up and it was promptly greeted by snow flurries Friday evening!
Last night, the hubby, me, and his coworkers/respective wives met up and took a heck of a drive out to a fun little restaurant where they cook your dinner/"perform" in front of you. The food was alright [although the Bananas Foster -- the hubby's FAVE dessert -- was FANTASTIC], but the company and antics [there may or may not have been a skirmish involving the Bananas Foster] were well worth it.
Today was a lazy day for the hubby and me, but I managed to knock out a 6.1 mile run this evening, which is the longest run I've done since the half marathon. It wasn't too bad, but it took a bit to get into my rhythm.
Tomorrow I'm heading to the gym bright and early for swimming and lifting, followed by a class and lunch with the girls. I'm super excited. Other than that, I need to cross a few more things off the list [doctor's appt, Literacy/volunteering homework, make/hang curtains, etc], but it is stuff that needs to get done sooner rather than later!
Last but not least, the menu for this week:
Monday: breakfast for dinner [waffles, eggs, etc!]
Tuesday: homemade pizza
Wednesday: steak fajitas
Thursday: mozzarella, sausage + polenta casserole
Friday: potentially Fondue Night with a few of our favorite couples(?)
Saturday: traveling [check back for details!]
Sunday: dinner out and a movie!








2 comments:
love breakfast for dinner! :)
I SO want the mozz, sausage polenta casserole recipe!!!
Post a Comment