I'd be lying if I said that I haven't been in a funk for the past week or two. I've completely let my routine go to shambles and instead I've spent a little too much time pouting. Usually when something is amiss, I'm quick [or my husband is quick!] in deciphering what it is, what the cause is and thus, the solution. I'm generally a happy-go-lucky person and that is NOT what I would describe myself as for the past couple of weeks.
I think the reason I've been in this funk is that I can't entirely put my finger on what the cause of this is. Part of me screams "it is the new birth control" because I have been bruising like crazy, feeling sluggish and having headaches and/or migraines every other day. That's enough to make me want to crawl in bed and stay there.
I'm also back up to the heaviest I've ever been, and then some per the scale yesterday morning. Ouch. My husband and I are very real with each other about this sort of thing -- if I start pouting about my weight, he reminds me of the obvious answers -- time at the gym and nutritious food. He doesn't make me feel bad about it, but he definitely doesn't let me wallow in it either. It has been hard to be motivated to go to the gym though, with the aforementioned headaches and sluggishness though.
I realize though that I'm an adult. I need to make changes instead of whining because whining doesn't fix anything. I need to talk to my doctor about switching birth control, or even going off of it altogether, which was a discussion the hubs and I had over the weekend in a fit of my own frustration. I will get a monthly pass for the gym because I know that if I spend the money on it, I will use it.
On top of all of that, I have a lot of things that I'm excited about coming up in the next month and a half, so I need to start acting like it! :)








10 comments:
I feel you on the crazy bc side effects! I'm off it right now, even though we don't want kids for a while. I just couldn't feel right with it- and it made my periods worse, not better! Hopefully I can find something that works for us without getting pregnant first.
Good luck on gaining steam! And whining is okay every once in a while- we all need to vent.
I'm not on anything and don't plan on getting on anything because I am miserable when I am on it! I thought about getting the copper IUC because it doesn't have any hormones! I wonder if your iron levels are out of wack with you bruising like that? I can't wait to hear about all of your exciting things though!!!
I haven't been on BC in a long time and I <3 being without it :)
I am curious about these exciting things!
But instead of acting like adults and actually working out and eating right can't we just whine about it a little more? No? Okay. Blah
With that being said, I think the reason I'm having trouble losing weight is because of my bc. I have the mirena IUD and I'm pretty sure that its causing me to hold onto these extra lbs. :(
They offer some really good classes at the gym on post. I need to get back in the routine of gym time. Hope the headaches diminish for you!
Oh Lola, I know how you feel. I've been having some weight issues lately and just got back into working out. Good luck at the gym and how you get the bc fixed.
Girl, we all get in these funks. I hope you get out of yours quickly!
It sounds the the bc is not treating you well. It sounds like it could also be messing with your hormones and making you feel down.
I was on a BC that made my emotions go all over the place...it could definitely be a contributing factor!
Off the BC... hmmmm. Could be interesting. - I know from the most recent post that, that isn't the case but still. ;)
Post a Comment