Whew -- I have accomplished a lot in the past week!
Our taxes have been filed. I ran a half-marathon. I did a "triathlon."
Woah, woah woah. Lemme back up on those! The first doesn't really require much explanation, but the other two do!
Last weekend, I ran in the National Half-Marathon. I had a great time catching up with friends on all of the evenings. I did a sushi evening on Thursday prior to a big day in the office on Friday. Everyone was excited to see me and wished me luck on the race. Friday night was a delish carb-loading dinner at my friend's apartment and a very restless night of sleep. 5:00am came way too early but we made it out to the start with plenty of time to warm up and relax.
By mile 10, I was feeling fan-freaking-tastic. My mental stream was going something along the lines of "EFF THIS SHIT. This is child's play. I am TOTALLY signing up for a full marathon!"
Mile 11. Hit. The. Wall. Haha. I managed to find a good song on the iPod ("You're Gonna Go Far Kid" -- The Offspring... that song saved me a couple times on the road!) and chug on through it. I finished with a good time, but I want to do another and hopefully beat my time!
After the race, my friends had to work, so I relaxed and read for a bit (Bonk by Mary Roach -- so funny!) before going to see Alice and Wonderland in 3D. The Cheshire Cat was amazing! We all made a somewhat quick trip out to Murphy's for some good Irish music and cider before calling it a night. It was a great weekend and a full marathon is in the works. I'll keep you posted.
As for the "triathlon" -- I call it a "kinda check" as it was an indoor triathlon and we weren't required to complete the events on the same day. Still, I managed to come in 4th in my age group and it has gotten me back in the pool! I'm loving it. I did it with sfpm and we're going to try to work on doing more "triathlons" once a month or so to track our progress! We'll work up to doing all events in one day -- or so I hope! :)
That's about it for me -- LOST is about to come on! I'm looking forward to meeting up with my mom this weekend/have her visit part of next week, but more on that later!
For our meals this week (late, I know!):
Monday: kung pao chicken and garlicky red potatoes and green beans
Tuesday: Cheesy baked pasta with spinach (I added garlic and onions to it for some extra kick!)
Wednesday: leftovers
Thursday: taco thursday
Friday: [I'm out of town, but I bought the hubby a frozen pizza!]
Saturday: he's grilling with buddies
Sunday: [mommy's in town!] garlicky baked shrimp and salad








1 comment:
doesn't garlic work with everything?!
Congrats on all your accomplishments. :)
Post a Comment