I really do not want to admit this out loud, but I think it's important to get my butt in gear. I've put on weight. I'm not quite sure how much -- I'm actually avoiding the scale at this moment, but my clothes are fitting just a bit tighter and I can see it in the mirror.
I've always wanted to lose the weight that I put on in the last couple years of college and the time since, but I haven't really been motivated. Then I was looking through pictures recently and realized that I could see the changes in my face and was shocked.
I've been exercising and running a lot [minus last week with my cold], but I've been using that to counteract/slow the weight gain from my crappy diet. I also have not been strength training/doing ab work like I used to. I've been 100% focused on cardio. I've been eating poorly and eating larger portions than I should. I'm ready to make a change. I will weigh myself and post the weight as motivation.
Last night, I got back on the running wagon and did a quick 4 mile run. I stayed under a 10-min mile pace, but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't more of a challenge than I'm used to. I'll chalk that up to taking a week off because of my cold! Also, as it was the first of the month, I started my own Whittle My Middle 30-day challenge from the Oh She Glows blog. This made me realize just how weak my core is! I'm excited to get stronger and do more ab work.
Now -- for a step in the right direction -- our menu for the week:
Monday: vegetarian split pea soup (me), pork chops (him)
Tuesday: Caesar salad with grilled chicken on top
Wednesday: chicken, ham and swiss roulades with side salad [made with 1 slice ham, slice of low-fat swiss cheese] via Real Simple
Thursday: healthy homemade pizza [onions, red+green peppers, garlic as toppings!]
Friday: fajita Friday
Saturday: date night -- using our Restaurant.com coupon for a local restaurant!
Sunday: baked chicken parmesan + pasta + steamed green beans








No comments:
Post a Comment