Lots of fabulous updates for today! First and foremost, with my first half-marathon coming up, I managed to run 13.11 miles on Sunday in 2:17:30, which according to my handy-dandy Garmin, was at a 10:30min/mile pace! Eeek!
Also, after a good month and a half of procrastination, vacation and slow progress, I'm proud to say that we are just about done with unpacking! We have super motivation as we are having two fabulous couples and their kids over tonight for some fajitas. I'm going to try my hand at guacamole, but most importantly I think we're just going to relax and have a good time.
Work has slowed down a bit this week as opposed to my almost full week of work [while getting paid to work part-time!] and I'm enjoying the freedom to get some random things done. I have a few errands to run and probably about 3 miles to run before our little fiesta this evening!
Last week I met up with the fellow blog-ladies and we had an excellent little lunch. Since then, I met up with sfpm to hit the pool for an indoor triathlon. While it isn't traditional in that we do all of the events in one day, it's been a great reason to get back in the pool and start swimming again. We did the swim portion yesterday, and let me tell you, swimming 500m kicked my ass way more than running 13.11 did! We're doing the bike portion tomorrow and I hope to do the run shortly thereafter. Ens is coming into town this weekend and we're going to meet up for a swim on Friday, and she will probably have to stifle giggles while giving me some swimming pointers!
Here's the slightly delayed menu for the week:
Monday: sloppy joes at our neighbor's house
Tuesday: fajita night with friends at our casa
Wednesday: chicken parmesan + salad [didn't do last week!]
Thursday: healthy pizza again -- it was SO good!
Friday: date night
Saturday: steak, roasted red potatoes, side salad
Sunday: Caesar salad and grilled garlic chicken








No comments:
Post a Comment