Earlier this week I received an email from the Marine Corps Marathon reminding me that, yes indeed, I am crazy!
I started my marathon training last week and mentioned how my knee was driving me crazy after my six mile run last Sunday. I consulted two friends on the issue [one is an athletic trainer, the other a physical therapist] and both told me that with my symptoms, I am likely to have fallen victim to tendonitis. Luckily, both gave me great advice and stretches to help alleviate the pain, and having done two short runs this week, I'm confident [at this point] that it is something I can stretch through -- I hope. I ran cross country in high school and after a season and a half, I had to give it up because the pain was so bad.
I'd be lying if I said it wasn't frustrating though. I ran a half marathon not too long ago [20 March] with no pain. On the other hand, I've learned the value of stretching! You can ask any of my friends that I've run my races with -- I don't warm up, I don't stretch, I just go. I guess my body has finally said enough is enough!
I'm heading out shortly to swim with a friend -- she is a few short months away from getting out of the Army and I'm really sad to see her go. Tomorrow will be a short three mile run -- the training program I'm following alternates long and short runs on each Sunday as you build up to your race! I'm including a screenshot of my training plan if you're interested!
between this and the cleaning schedule, can you tell that I L-O-V-E Excel?
[Also, please consult my long runs in September and October. Are you grasping my dread about moving to Georgia in that time frame? Argh.]
[Also, please consult my long runs in September and October. Are you grasping my dread about moving to Georgia in that time frame? Argh.]
Last but not least, I made my first meal from the Williams-Sonoma Bride+Groom cookbook [one of my 101 goals -- to do 10 recipes!]-- the goat cheese stuffed chicken breasts [with a side salad!] and it was delish. In my husband's words, "you could make this every day forever and I would be happy." It made a not-so-great day [he was out on the range and then was super excited for on staff duty] much better!










7 comments:
Um, I might have to get that recipe from you so I can cook that once I'm back to standing up straight! :)
So you're moving to GA?
I hope the knee pain goes away!
i like your new layout :)
Look at that training plan!! Intense! I am so excited to hear how it goes!
you are intense!! go girl!
ooo i just got this cookbook set- keep posting about the good ones so Dan will just think I'm an awesome cook hahah
Post a Comment