The past few weeks I've been crazy busy with taking courses and intructor training. Sadly, my working out schedule slid a bit for that first week that I fell off the grid, but I did an ok job of getting back in the saddle this week!
A quick recap -- I took a week-long course with a few friends and it was super informative about various subjects. The first segment focused on the Army itself, the second focused a lot on group dynamics and problems, and the last segment focused on leadership. I really learned a lot and decided to sign up for instructor training. That started and was completed earlier this week! I was pleasantly surprised to find that the training was more of a professional development oriented training than specifically about the material we would teach.
A few days ago, a couple friends of ours decided that we would throw a Kentucky Derby party. It's going to be kind of small (at least for the first bit of it!), but that's fine by me! I've prepared a traditional Derby dish -- Benedictine -- as a dip (also can be put in sandwiches), a Bourbon glazed beef roast, and an ice cream pie with pecan crust. Our friends are bringing biscuits and one other dish that escapes me currently. To top it all off, we will be drinking mint juleps! :)
For a much belated look back at the menu I had prepared for this week:
Monday: leftover sausage, mozzarella, polenta casserole
Tuesday: I was off to a social, the hubby enjoyed steak + potatoes
Wednesday: cottage pies (via Real Simple)
Thursday: pot roast (from the Pioneer Woman!)
Friday: fajitas dinner out with friends at Red Lobster
Saturday: Kentucky Derby party!
Sunday: cheddar chicken + rice and salad
I'm off to do some last minute cleaning and finish up my Derby hat! :) Hopefully will have some pictures to put up for the next post!








5 comments:
AFTB? I LOVED my AFTB courses I took at Campbell.
SO happy to see you are back around Lola! : D
I missed your updates and sadly did not have your email addy to see how life has been after deployment.
Brandi : )
Your Derby party sounded and looked so fun!
yay so glad you are blogging again!!
Glad to see your back around.
Post a Comment