When I started my current job, they knew the situation that I was in and the fact that I had a potentially limited time frame of being able to work for them.
That didn't make today any easier.
I talked to one of my bosses about trying to work remotely, or if they decided against that option, training a replacement.
I didn't want to cry -- and I did manage to stave off full-on sobs -- but my voice cracked and I got teary eyed.
See, this company started as nothing -- minus the connections and awesome skills of my bosses. It was the four of them and I was their first hire. I had to run the show behind the scenes. Figure out how I was going to get paid. Make our company legit. As much as this company is their baby -- it's mine too.
One of the best compliments I have gotten was from one of them back in the spring just as we were getting ready to move into our office space. One of my bosses turned to me and told me that while this was their company, I had turned it into a business.
I have been challenged. I have cried. I have "herded the kittens." I have gained so much experience. I hope and plan to build upon it in the future.
While today and my in-the-near-future last day will be sad, I am excited about what the future holds and where it will take me and my husband. With that in mind, I can't be too sad.








No comments:
Post a Comment