05 January 2010

you are the architect of your own fortune

The title of this post comes to you courtesy of... drum roll please... a fortune cookie. I loved it so much that I stuck it to my computer monitor at work.

Well, if the past few days have been any indication, my fortunes in 2010 will hopefully continue to be great. I'm hoping that my office will let me work remotely. If not, I completely understand. Other than that, this year [and today] has been great/productive for the following reasons:

- I started our 2009 tax return. I am a nerd and doing our taxes makes me happy.

- I ran a little over three miles on the treadmill tonight and it wasn't entirely awful (surprising because 1. I loathe the treadmill and 2. It's been awhile -- aside from Sunday that is.)

- I made the most delicious chili tonight. It's quite possibly the best chili I've ever had. Recipe here.


feel free to insert drool here

- I've signed up for two volunteer events this month [in keeping with my 2010 resolutions!] -- one of which will get me a free pass to Disney via their Give and Get program.

- I received a pair of shoes that I ordered and a pair of earrings in the mail today. The earrings will be worn at a formal event that I have coming up and the shoes match a dress that I've been trying to find a match for.. well, pretty much forever.


no, I do not yet have a dress for aforementioned formal event, but the dress will be arranged around these earrings!


faaahbulous.

- last but certainly not least, the wife of a good friend of ours just gave birth to a beautiful baby boy yesterday. I am so excited for him and his new little family.

I'm off to work on my list of things to accomplish for tomorrow. Hopefully it will be just as productive as today!

No comments: