11 January 2010

In sickness and in health.. emphasis on sickness.

This past weekend wasn't quite as fun as I had hoped, but sometimes that's how life goes! I had my eye appointment on Saturday to finally get a new contact prescription (thank goodness -- running in glasses isn't my idea of fun). I ended up not feeling too hot and spent the rest of the weekend vegetating in an attempt to stave off the cold that I felt coming. Did it work? Nope, haha.

I'm really proud of myself though -- in light of my sniffles, I did manage to stick to my half-marathon training plan last week and over the weekend! I rounded out last week with 10.5 miles run and 19.7 miles on the bike. The hubby and I have talked about doing a triathlon together this year, so the days that I'm supposed to cross train, I'm all about the bike!

My only other exciting news of note was my volunteer experience with DC Central Kitchen. LOVED it. I wish that I was able to do more with them, but they're pretty booked up through the end of the month!

The search for a replacement roomie is on, and it's always frustrating to find someone new. I may have as few as eight days left in DC and I'd like this to be done already. We've had a number of responses, so it's going well so far.

With the new week upon us, I have a new menu! I stuck to last week's menu pretty closely and am proud to say that I didn't eat out at all.

Monday: black beans, chicken and rice (didn't get to make last week)
Tuesday: grilled chicken salad
Wednesday: flatbread pizza
Thursday: chicken + pasta
Friday: spiced chicken + peppers
Saturday: Thai chicken wrap
Sunday: chicken salad Dijon

Here's to a new week!

No comments: