14 September 2010

furry alarm clock?

I think the biggest down side to having a medium/large-ish sized dog is that their head can comfortably rest on the side of the bed.

At 7:00am.

And wiggle.

And make wookie noises until you wake up.

but how could you say no to this face!?

I won't lie, there are some mornings where I attempt to hide from him -- I scoot towards the middle of the bed and attempt to bury myself in the comforter so he can't see me. I usually end up laughing hysterically though because I can hear him go [wookie noises and all] from my side of the bed around to hubby's side of the bed and back. It reminds me of the scene during shark week of the dude sitting there being circled by sharks and I just die laughing thinking of Goose as my own little shark, wanting to attack me with kisses and whole-body wiggles.

I wouldn't have it any other way.

---

Last but not least, on a completely unrelated note -- our meal plan this week:

Monday: chicken Caesar salad
Tuesday: pork tenderloin and veggies
Wednesday: baked chicken with brown rice and broccoli
Thursday: dinner at a friend's house
Friday: fajita Friday [w/ all the usual fixin's]
Saturday: burgers on the grill [whether it is at our place or a friend's is still TBD.. yay football!]
Sunday: date night out

7 comments:

Steph said...

Aren't they just the greatest. I've tried putting the pillow over my head too.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Too cute!! Um....Wednesday dinner sounds yummy!

Samantha said...

Brody does the same thing!!! Goose and Brody should be Frenssss! =}

Abbie said...

There's nothing like the face of a dog! I miss mine:(

lmc said...

Gotta love furry alarm clocks :)

gv said...

I have the same wake-up clock except mine is quiet and just breaths heavily on my neck...our 100 lb black lab!

Brittany Ann said...

Marvin does that, too. I so want to ignore him, especially on weekends. But I know the one time I do is when he'll really have to "go."