01 September 2010

dear badunkadunk, I apologize in advance

With all of the gratuitous cupcaking going on in our household, I decided that I was going to need to offset some of that deliciousness.

And I plan to do this by going a bit off the deep end. 

I've signed myself up for the two hundred squats challenge.

The people who created the 100 push-ups challenge came up with a few other challenges and this one appealed most to me. While indulging in an excessive number of Tudors episodes this past weekend, I took some time to do the initial test.

I managed to do 29 good form squats. I think I could have done more, but I did my best to be a stickler for proper form. With 29 under my belt, I started day 1 on Monday in the third column.

my squatting schedule [hehe] for M, W, F this week

Between that and spin class yesterday with the girls, my butt and upper thighs are in utter pain. No pain, no gain, right?

I think this should be a fun little challenge. The goal is for me to be able to do 200 good form squats in a row in six weeks. If I'm a complete masochist good, I will add some lunges to the mix as well. 

This baby definitely doesn't want to lose her "back" :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch. :-\ I'll try to participate with you. If I fail, then I'll definitely cheer you on! haha! See you tomorrow :)

gv said...

Good luck! I'm sure you'll do awesome. I tried the push-up challenge and yeah...I think I only made it to week 4. Maybe I'll try again someday. Can't wait to hear how it goes!

Lisa said...

That sounds painful. And fun. I might be tempted to try this myself. After Fight Gone Bad, that is. :)

Post Tenebras Lux said...

Holy. Smoke.

Amber said...

Love the challenge!! We did a TON of squats last night at CrossFit and my booty is feeling it this morning! Good luck to you! :)