For all of my fellow mil-spouses/fiancees/girlfriends out there, you know that the Army/military has a mind of its own. We just got our own big taste of that last week.
We moved to Georgia for some training. After my husband had spent a week and a half in this training, he was informed that he was one of 12 students being pulled out to be instructors for a different course. To say that he was less than pleased is a huge understatement, but he didn't really have a say in it so he didn't throw a hissy fit.
Not making a big to do out of it is not only the professional way to do things, but also may have been part of the reason he got out of it.
Yes, less than one day later, he was back in the class.
I guess one of his fellow students had been deployed many times and wanted some well-deserved time at home as an instructor. Why my husband was the lucky one of the bunch to get put back in the course is still a mystery, but hey, we'll take it.
I think until he's done with this training we'll continue to joke that the Army might still change its mind. :)








5 comments:
That's crazy! Enjoy the training though...
I think, sometimes, the Army needs some Midol.
I'm happy for you...but sad that you will be gone by the time that I *hopefully* visit :)
That's crazy! Seriously, I don't understand why the Army does the things it does....At least he's back in the class!
Oh man. Gotta love it. Or something. :)
Grin and bear it, I suppose.
Post a Comment