23 September 2010

L&S Cupcake Club - Marble Cupcakes!

One of the perks of being one of the founders of the cupcake club is knowing which cupcake we're making in advance of our announcement! I made these DELICIOUS cupcakes this past weekend for a football fiesta that the hubby and I were attending.



Without further ado, I present my Marble Cupcakes for submission!

adding the heavy cream to the batter... woo action shot!

now to make the chocolate portion of the marble -- add the cocoa powder to boiling water and mix

and then add a cup of the vanilla batter

and mix until combined!

then add a spoonful of vanilla, followed by a spoonful of chocolate and repeat until cups are 3/4 full

and then swirl in a "figure 8" pattern. Sorry Martha, I just kind of went in circles :)

After baking for 20 minutes -- ta da!

Martha's recipe calls for them to be topped with powdered sugar. 

Um.. NO. 

It is not a cupcake without frosting!

I whipped up some vanilla buttercream frosting.

mm. yes. That is more like it.

And yes, I like lots of frosting.

The cupcakes were a huge hit at the fiesta. They were absolutely delish. I'm not a huge chocolate cake fan, so it was just the perfect amount of chocolate. These may just become my go-to cupcake in the future!

And as for the problem I had with the red velvet cupcakes falling last month? It could be because I didn't use cake flour. Whoops. Yay for the problem being solved!

Anyway -- get to baking and link up over at Samantha's blog this month! Next month we'll be back over here :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks awesome! I'm a big icing fan, too! I hate when people/stores skimp on the icing. Not cool.

Jen said...

I think I am going to try these this weekend! They look really good!

Aubrey S. said...

You're making me hungry!

gv said...

Those look fabulous and yummy too!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Anything marble, I love!!! It's my favorite cake and cupcake!