28 June 2010

anniversary, service star & Canada, eh?

The hubs and I had a fabulous time up at Niagara Falls this past weekend. Even though Saturday brought some drizzly weather, we wandered around Niagara [we stayed on the Canadian side] and enjoyed an activity that was going to get us wet anyway -- a ride on the Maid of the Mist! 

this picture cracks me up. The wind off the falls was CRAZY and blew my poncho up like a linebacker!

The hubs and I had a great time relaxing, eating delish food and drinking a few beverages here and there before heading back to the states on Sunday. 

Upon arriving home, I found the service star that I won in the contest that the Mrs. put on!

cannot wait to frame this bad boy! :)

Her momma is super talented and if you like what you see, please check out her Etsy shop -- Blue Bird Crafting!

Last but not least, a quick update on a couple of things on the 101 in 1,001 list that have been updated!

I've made headway on #66 and #69 -- visiting two foreign countries (1/2) [and you may scoff that Canada is foreign, but helloooo, km/h signs!] and visit five national parks (1/5) -- Niagara Falls.

50 km/h?!

Wednesday will be another big 101 in 1,0001 day for me. I'm getting my colonoscopy done.. more on that tomorrow though. Happy Monday evening, everyone!

7 comments:

lmc said...

That picture cracks me up!

The Mrs. said...

glad you got the service star and that you love it!

and thanks for the shout out!

Anonymous said...

That photo's awesome! Definitely a keeper! =)

Beth said...

This post reminded me that I need to hop on over to order my service star when we get back from our 4th of July trip!

Samantha said...

I wanna go on the Maid of the Mist!! =)
Looks like a great experience.
color me jealous.

Katie said...

glad you had a great anniversary! Great pictures :)

Steph said...

That picture is funny! Good to hear you had a great anniversary!