06 June 2010

birthdays, margaritas and singleness

Friday night was a good friend's birthday. He turned 31 and was feeling kind of down about the whole thing. The "family" [as our group has dubbed ourselves] came together and had a fabulous grill-out in his honor. I made my usual delish brownie bites, but added a Reese's PB cup to each one. They were a big hit after our chicken, shrimp and steak kabobs were all gobbled up! Just about everyone enjoyed Red Cat and ended up "hobo drunk" while playing LadderBall [aka Hillbilly Golf?]. 

Yesterday, hubs and I went for a mid-afternoon date -- lunch at a fave local place and a movie -- Killers. It was funny and enjoyable, but the hubs commented that it should have been titled "Gross Pointe Blank 2." Last night, he and I met up with other friends of ours for a homemade Mexican night. Delish. Erin made the enchiladas and queso blanco. I brought the margarita supplies and dessert. We all felt quite festive after a few margaritas, but luckily the hubby had to go into work today, so he was our de facto DD. Yay! After dinner, we all sat out on the porch and enjoyed the gorgeous North Country weather and sunset. 

As I mentioned, the hubby went into work today at 4am [or, as the Army calls it, oh-dark-thirty] for a week-long Army sleepover with guns, trucks, and other fun items. I'm excited about enjoying some girly time to myself [bring on that secret single behavior!] I've already queued up some of the movies I want to see on Netflix [Memoirs of a Geisha, Frost/Nixon], made a list of recipes that only I enjoy, and put some vino in the fridge! If the Army is going to steal my husband oh-so-often, by goodness, I'm going to make sure that I enjoy it!

4 comments:

Megan said...

Did you read Memoirs of a Geisha? I really liked it!

Katie said...

We saw Killers last night, it was much better than I had expected!

Enjoy your girl time!

Samantha said...

good for you girl!!! I try to make the best of my alone/girl/field time!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Enjoy your time!! Have fun!