Mmm yes. Freebies. I heart them.
When Mrs. Thomas blogged about getting free books from Military One Source, I hopped on it!
Today [five days later!] my books + "playaway" books arrived.
4 play-aways: The Five Love Languages, The Purpose Driven Life, The Kite Runner, and The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Marriage
6 books: Mortgages 101, Federal Resume Guidebook, Eat Pray Love [for a friend -- I loved it and couldn't resist getting her a copy!], Help! I'm a Military Spouse I Get a Life Too!: How to craft a life for YOU as you move with the military, Parenting: Guide to Your Baby's First Year [research!], and last but not least What to Expect When You're Expecting [again, research, although from what I've heard about this book, I'm SO glad I read The Mother of All Pregnancy Books first!]
I will have you know that Rammer Jammer Yellow Hammer was not a part of the freebies -- it just so happened to arrive today as well and I am SO excited! I am a huge college football fan [first and foremost a Florida Gator though!] and despite the title being the title of a historic and awful cheer [no, I will not post the words, you can look up them up yourself] of the dreaded Alabama Crimson Tide, this book is considered to be one of the top 10 college sports books ever written.
L-O-V-E.
L-O-V-E.








4 comments:
Yea for freebies!
Check back in a few months, they switch their titles from time to time. Sadly, they do put a cap on how many books they will send you. (I think it is a set number each year.)
I read Eat,Pray,Love a while back, and really didn't care for it. However, I must be a glutton for punishment as I checked out her second book Committed.
Thanks for posting this! I just went and ordered my books. As an Alabama Alumna, I've very upset that they don't have the Rammer Jammer book anymore. *pouts* LOL! I guess I'll survive! =)
i also got a bunch of free books from military onesource a few weeks ago and was so so so excited!!! you got some good ones!
LOL! Okay, I re-read your post and saw that the Rammer Jammer book wasn't part of the Military OneSource shipment. This made me feel a lot better! That's what I get for speed reading! =)
Post a Comment