As I mentioned yesterday, I'm having my colonoscopy tomorrow. That means I am eating.. well.. drinking clear liquids all day today. I thought I would be ok with all of it until maybe later this evening when I got really hungry, but sadly, I've already failed.
an artistic rendering by Allie Brosch, depicting what I would like to think is me and my BFF, clear liquids [Hyperbole and a Half]
My failure this morning?
Hubby came home from PT and grabbed some Eggos and started to make breakfast.
My eyes narrow at him.
He puts peanut butter on them.
I find my lips pulling back into a bit of a snarl.
I'm insanely jealous. Normally, I can go a few hours before really dying over breakfast. I think my problem is that because it is all off limits, I want it all and I want it NOW.
He teased me and asked if I've ever had to go an entire day without eating. I laugh and say no. [He used to wrestle and "cutting weight" is no big thing for him] I tell him that he may need to go out to dinner with friends tonight.
As a means of trying to distract me from staring at him, he said "ok, stop. No more staring. LOOK! IT'S A CHEEZIT ON TV!!!" Haha.
I feel like an insane person [or more appropriately, a caged animal] for being so vengeful over something as simple as food. I just want to curl up in a corner and hide from all of the food. Hide from the insane amount of food commercials on TV. I have a feeling hubby will come home from work and find me rocking myself in the corner, catatonically mumbling "cheezit... salsa... spaghetti... peanut butter..."
via Hyperbole and a Half <3
I have a feeling today is going to be a very long day...










7 comments:
ugh, the clear liquid diet!! Might I suggest "hot jell-o"? It's a favorite in our house :) Or did they put you on Golitely?
Good luck with the tube!
I would have a rough time! Especially with the wonderful aroma of EGGOS!!!!
I had a really hard time before I had my C-Section and I only had to go 12 hours (7pm the night before until 7 am the morning of). Honestly, I never eat in between those times, but for some reason, it was torturous!
Oh goodness! The prep day for a colonoscopy is exactly why I don't ever get my stomach problems checked out. Good luck with the clear liquids and the procedure tomorrow! I'll be thinking about you. Let me know if there is anything I can do!
That would be rough! I hope the day has gone by quickly for you.
hope your feeling better!
Hope all goes well today with the procedure.
Post a Comment