Last night some of the ladies from the squadron got together for a social/coffee at the pottery painting place on post. We had chips and salsa, cheese and crackers, carrots and dip and got down to the business of painting pottery. We were having a great time.
Until two uniformed soldiers walked in.
Oh. My. God.
Our husbands are all in the field right now.
Our husbands are all in the field right now.
Wait. They're in ACUs. That's not right.
Do they do things differently if someone is injured on post?
What is going on?
Either they are about to put on some funky electronic music and start stripping, or they're about to deliver some bad news.
"excuse me, is ____ ______ here?"
[asking for an important lady in our squadron]
[asking for an important lady in our squadron]
"yes..."
"Ma'am, we need to speak with you outside."
After a momentary freakout for all of us, it turned out to be a practical joke. They were MPs who happened to come by the building and one of the ladies knew one of the guys and asked him to pull the prank.
Everyone had a good laugh, including the lady on the receiving end of the prank. I really love that the ladies in our squadron are not catty and uptight. We all get along, swear and "scratch our balls with the best of 'em" [direct quote]. :)
Long story short, their ACUs should have been a dead ringer that they were here for fun.








5 comments:
OMG! I think I would have had a heart attack! We are at the end of this deployment, but things are becoming much more dangerous where they are. I would have died on the spot (or maybe just peed myself!) if two soldiers came in looking all official!
I'm also quite jealous that you have pottery painting place on post!
I would have crapped my pants!
This is why I almost turned off "The Messenger" the other day, even with Hubs sitting on the other couch.
Still, in those situations, you're going to wonder, even if just momentarily if there is something to worry about. It's during panic-mode that you forget the rules and procedures and start to worry.
Good to know you have a wonderful group of ladies that like to have a little fun!
at least you're having a great time when your man's in the field! =)
Post a Comment