Next Monday is our 2nd wedding anniversary. I'm excited. We've already exchanged gifts [we cannot keep secrets when it comes to gifts in our household!] and both of us are super happy with what we've received!
For him, I purchased a fine art print from one of his favorite artists, Vaughn Cochran.
He was so excited when he saw it. I'm going to take it to be framed sometime this week.
For me, he and I reviewed a few different furniture items I've been dying to replace/upgrade. We decided that first up would be a media/TV console upgrade.
the sale at Crate + Barrel didn't hurt! :)
As for the other things going on, we have a little anniversary trip to Niagara Falls planned. I'm really happy that we'll be able to get away before the Army steals him for a few weeks of training. The hotel we're staying at has a spectacular view of the falls [and we'll be in a falls-view room!] and I'm currently investigating food and other sightseeing ideas!
Also, I have our belated meal plan for the week:
Monday: burgers + green beans
Tuesday: Baked Lemon Pasta [JLS's facebook update about this made me CRAVE it!] and baked chicken
Wednesday: chicken fajitas
Thursday: breakfast for dinner with our friends [waffles, eggs, bacon!]
Friday: vaycay!
Saturday: vaycay!
Sunday: chicken Caesar salads
Last but not least... a few thoughts on the whole McChrystal thing. He's a straight up badass and I have serious amounts of respect for him. I fear for our mission in someone else's hands [as I believe it will not be in his for much longer]. He should have known better. It is really, really a shame [with regards to what is likely to happen to his career].
If you'd like to get your hands on a PDF copy of the article before it reaches newsstands on Friday, you can go here.










11 comments:
Lots of fabulous things in this post! (well, minus the McChrystal stuff) but yeah i totally agree, what a shame he couldn't keep it between him and the Commander in Chief. Very unprofessional and totally disappointing. I haven't read the article yet but i'm going to tonight in bed.
Ummm pregnant woman wants baked lemon pasta too!!!!
Oh, have fun on your trip!! I am so jealous, I would love some vacation time with the hubby!!! (We are hoping to go to Scotland for our second one, but we'll have to see about that!)
Happy anniversary:)
Happy (almost) anniversary! Love the TV console!
And I'm making the baked lemon pasta right now...I'm excited!
What a great trip you have planned! I've been dying to go to Niagra Falls! I'm sure you'll have an amazing time!
Happy Anniversary!!! Take a lot of pictures on your trip!!
Happy (early) Anniversary!!!! :)
ooo Niagra Falls sounds great!
I'm torn and still doing some reading on the whole McChrystal debocle! The whole thing is a mess and while he's done some pretty bad-ass things, he's also done some pretty effed up things!! But I'm currently struggling to see what the "huge" deal is about the article and the comments his aides made. Hence the more research on my part. haaa!
PS: I think i'll NEED the Baked Lemon pasta recipe.. tks! =)
hey you won the service star! I just need your info!
That's a great new media cabinet! Have fun on your trip!
Daniel and I went to Niagara Falls after I picked him up from the Buffalo airport post-deployment. It was the very end of December and there was like 3 inches of ICE everywhere. It was gorgeous but CRAZY slippery!! :) I am sure you will have beautiful weather and a wonderful time celebrating!
And just to give you a head's up because I'm nice like that, I'm eating at your house this week. YUM. ;)
Post a Comment