01 June 2010

Memorial Day Weekend in the District

This past weekend, the hubby and I met up with his family down in the District. It was really bittersweet being back there. It made me miss my job and I missed out on seeing a few of my good lovahs who were also spending the weekend out of town. 

I had a really great time catching up with the hubby's family, especially his sister and her hubby and one-and-a-half year old son. We ate at places that we don't have around here [can I get a heck yeah for Outback and Chipotle!?] and I finally had some excellent Mexican food, compliments of Surfside. Mmm. 

Because my birthday was earlier last week, there were a couple of gifts that were given [I can't complain!] and I wanted to show off a couple of them! My sister-in-law made this camera strap for me [how freaking cute is it?!] and embroidered my nickname, Lola, on it. LOVE it. 


Not to be outdone, the hubby added to my Valentine's Day present [a gorgeous Bixby pearl necklace] by getting me a dangly accessory -- a key -- because I "hold the key to [his] heart." Yeah, vom. haha.


Last but not least, we enjoyed a gorgeous afternoon at the historic Eastern Market. I ended up buying an adorable chunky necklace after checking out many, many things that I wanted but alas was not willing to pay the price for!

We hit a few of the landmarks, and I really enjoyed getting to play tour guide with the crew. We headed back on Sunday afternoon and spent the evening grilling with friends. We spent Memorial Day to ourselves, relaxing and being lazy. All in all, it was a nice weekend.

2 comments:

Kaylee said...

that camera strap is super cute! i never thought about making my own before! and the necklaces - way fun!

Katie said...

that camera strap is so cute!