10 August 2010

101 in 1001 update

I have made a lot of progress this past week on my 101 in 1001 and have had a lot of fun doing it!

First and foremost -- one I completed:

[082] make a cupcake-cake

For our going away fiesta, I planned to make a cupcake cake, but was lacking in the creative inspiration. I was asking friends for ideas, and one of them said "skull and crossbones." Done. 

Fierce AND yummy. It doesn't get much better than that!

The progress [narrated by my husband] is here:

"ummm.. that doesn't look like a skull."

"oh, ok, I see it now."

and my reference guide -- my trusty undergrad Human Osteology book.

Another goal I crossed off in all of this moving madness:

[056] home inventory

There are a couple I've started and/or gotten the ball rolling on:

[077] Become a Big Sister (via Big Brothers Big Sisters) -- I applied to our local chapter

and

[042] clear out closet and donate clothing at least once a year -- yay for getting ready to move and decluttering!

and last but not least

[055] check credit score at least 2x per year -- I did this on Saturday!

I also sort of made progress on the goal of making 10 cupcakes from scratch by purchasing Martha Stewart's Cupcakes book. Here is to checking off goals -- especially the delicious ones!

4 comments:

tootie said...

Cool cupcake cake! Looks tasty! :)

Steph said...

Love the cupcake cake!

Samantha said...

I have the Martha Stewart Cupcakes book too! I have also yet to use it. I went through the pages and dog-eared the ones that look good but.... .still haven't committed to making anything.

Maybe one day soon! :)

gv said...

Very cute cake! Way to make some progress.