12 August 2010

fun with floor plans!

In the process of getting ready for the move, I wanted to have some fun with our future home without actually being there just yet. 

There is a fabulous website called Floor Planner and while tooling around on it, I kind of recreated the layout of our place. I say kind of because I only have photos as a reference, no actual dimensions [aside from guesstimation about sizes of things that would fit in rooms]. I know for a fact that our living room is too big, but by the time I figured it out, I had already completed the surrounding rooms and couldn't easily adjust the walls. 

With that said, our sort-of future house's floor plan:

fun, huh?!

And no -- I didn't completely misjudge the size of our room and closet -- it is pretty HUGE [although I think the other two rooms are a bit larger here than in reality!]. When I first told my husband about our room [he was at JRTC] I told him that we could easily fit our king size bed, a jungle gym and workout equipment in our room and still have so much room for activities! [movie reference there? :)]

And, even niftier -- you can make it 3D!

we do have overhead cabinets in the kitchen, but I haven't quite figured out how to add those yet!

It was so much fun to play around with the furniture we have [oh crap, I literally just realized I left our wood mini-bar out completely! Hrrm. Living room or dining room. Decisions, decisions.] and see where we might fill some holes with purchases in the near future [new sofa or dining room cabinet/console].

I guess this will have to suffice until we 1. arrive at our new place and 2. actually receive all of our furniture!

[I have no affiliation to/with Floor Planner -- I just thought they had a nifty site!]

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha! This is so funny! Can't wait for you to get down here!

Erin said...

Yay, I am not the only one that does this! I did this before we moved to our house now, but I will most def be using this site for the new house!

Becca said...

love step brothers! boats n' hoes!

Samantha said...

That is "nifty" as you say! :)

TASS said...

Awesome!

Jenny @ Practically Perfect... said...

I love this website :-)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

That's so neat! I've never heard of that website!

Megan said...

I love this!

When we moved to VA, I did the same exact thing except, I made them by hand...totall time killer!

Hope all is going well with the move! Get done with class so you can move here!