26 August 2010

implosions, sofas and shenanigans

I've had an interesting past couple of days. I've had the pleasure of going on a couple of gym dates -- first a spin class with Megan and her friends and then yesterday morning's two hour elliptical + Pilates adventure with Kate. Spinning was excellent [despite my complete loathing of it] and Pilates was incredibly challenging. I'm looking forward to doing more of both in the future.

On Tuesday, hubby and I went on another furniture shopping adventure. Two purchases that were in our immediate future [sofa and china cabinet] have been reduced to one. We picked up a lovely chocolate-colored sofa. I was extremely pleased with our find, as we were trying to find something reasonable, dark [Goose is a black lab and ugh his hair gets everywhere despite vacuuming all too frequently], and stylish.

ta da!

I think it will look fabulous with the fabric I had blogged about making into pillows here. 

I also managed to find a few decorative items for our living room, and I'm finally feeling close to officially done with all of my decorating restlessness in that room. Once the sofa arrives, we'll be moving our old sofa into our bedroom to create a sort of reading nook. Can't wait.

As for the mention of implosions.. that would be a reference to my cupcake adventures. I think it deserves a post in itself to do it complete justice. Let's just say that 12 of 18 cupcakes did not survive the cut. More on this [and my official cupcake blog post with photos included] tomorrow.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooo! I love the new couch! Can't wait to hear about the cupcake implosion! :)

hmb said...

I love the couch!

lmc said...

The couch looks great!

Samantha said...

I love that couch! and EEk... now i'm nervous to make the cupcakes tonight! We'll compare stores tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

i LOVE your couch!

Unknown said...

LOVE the couch! I have a dark brown chocolate one too and it definitely hides the dog hair well!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I love that couch! I love the color!

Anonymous said...

I tried to comment on this 2 days ago but my wordpress said i needed to sign in and then i got lazy ha! But anyway, I LOVE the couch! Very nice. Where did you get it because we are currently looking for a couch as well.

Woohoo for more gym dates! I went to the spin class tonight with a different instructor and she was totally insane (in a good way.) And now my legs hurt so good!

Let's do a Tuesday brunch/lunch after spin with the rest of the girls?