This past weekend the hubby and I were invited to come up and stay with some friends in Atlanta. The occasion? The Highland Beer Fest.
We arrived in the evening on Friday and went out to get some delish dinner [and many margaritas] at El Azteca. After dinner, we stayed up late chatting and laughing about all that has happened in the 2+ years it has been since we all saw each other last.
After sleeping in a bit, we woke up and got ready to hit up the Beer Fest. It was a hysterically fun, sweaty, beer-filled good time. I'm not a hugely adventurous beer drinker and I was surprised at how much I enjoyed all the samples.
just a portion of the crowd at the festival
Some of my favorite things from the day:
- After a nearby tent ran out of beer and the vendors left, we sat down in the tent [our friend just had back surgery and needed to sit every now and again]. People assumed we were working the booth, which was annoying. The booth next door, Sam Adams, had volunteers that gave us many, many Cherry Wheat ales, which was awesome.
- The Whynatte Latte. They mixed their coffee drink with a whipped cream vodka into a little shot. Fantastic. Paid for a $2 shot on the way in, traded free beers from our "work" as a "vendor" for another free shot on the way out. The dude needed a pen to sign a check and I had one. Guess what that meant? Payment in Whynatte Latte shots. Can't complain.
- The delish restaurant Pure Taqueria. Amazing doesn't even begin to describe how incredible it was. They had a pineapple-infused tequila. I do not lie when I say it tastes like Gatorade, and I H-A-T-E tequila shots. Looking back, I now can see why so many people were recipients of poorly-spelled text messages. Their queso is amazing too.
We hitched a cab ride back home [yay for taking the MARTA out!] and had a late night of beer pong and Scene It! trivia. After an early wakeup on Sunday, we headed back home after a seriously fun weekend.
As I said before, I'm not really an adventurous beer person, and I was pleasantly surprised by my experience. I'd recommend the festival to just about anyone!









8 comments:
Sounds like so much fun - glad you had a great weekend!
you failed to mention the many a drunken texts to yours truly ;)
I'm not a big drinker but the couple drinks you mentioned sounded great!
That part of Atlanta is so pretty and fun for festivals. I bet that heat is a real shock from what I'm headed to and where you just came from, huh?
It sounds like you had a great time!
that sounds like a lot of fun... I'll have to find my adventurous beer side in Germany...! =)
That sounds like a great time! We'll have to check that out next time we're in Atlanta. :)
CRAP! My husband and I really wanted to go to that and we completely forgot. It sounds like you had a great time, though!
Post a Comment