18 August 2010

L & S's Cupcake Club

A few posts ago, I ran through my updates to my 101 in 1001 list and mentioned that I had purchased Martha Stewart's Cupcakes book. Samantha commented that she had just made the same purchase. 

yum.

I got a crazy idea in my head and emailed her back. What if... instead of a book club, we had a cupcake club? Instead of questions about chapters as food for thought, we actually made food?

We emailed back and forth, coming up with ideas and discussing logistics. 

So, here we have it -- L + S's Cupcake Club.



Once a month, Samantha and I will announce the cupcake of the month [because, let's face it, my butt cannot handle delicious cupcakes more than once a month!]. 

This month we'll make the selection announcement on the 20th and we'll have a McLinky set up. Anyone who would like to participate is encouraged to make the cupcake by the 30th and either comment about their baking adventure on one of our blogs, or to blog about it yourself! 

Consider this to be an easy way to find out from many people which cupcakes are universal favorites and which may not be so popular [although it is Martha Stewart, so I'm sure they're all delicious!]. 

Let us know if you plan on participating!

15 comments:

Megan said...

Yea! I love cupcakes, I'm excited!

Kaylee said...

Sweet!!! I can't wait to make some cupcakes!!!! I LOVE cupcakes! Such a fun idea!

hmb said...

I have that book, too! Everything looks so yummy....but a lot of it looks a tad too advanced for my baking knowledge. I REALLY need to get into that baking class at Michael's!

Carissa said...

Fun! I'm in!

Samantha said...

Yay.... but homie, you forgot the BUTTON!! :( booooo!
Mine will be up shortly.

JG said...

I think that is awesome!! I am so in!

lmc said...

Oooh, I'm in!

TASS said...

I AM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gv said...

OMG! I love cupcakes and have been craving a really good one lately. What a fab idea!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I have the same cookbook as well! I'm very excited about this! It gives me another reason to make cupcakes!

Jen said...

I am definitely in!!!!! :)

Unknown said...

Nice! What a great idea! I think I'm just going to have to do this!

Jenny @ Practically Perfect... said...

Sounds like a great idea! My only worry is that I'm such a slacker, that having it posted near the end of each month means I probably won't get it done before the month is over. Pathetic - I know!

Jessica Lynn said...

Oh, this is awesome! Thanks for mentioning it on my blog :) I need to get this book, because I definitely want in!

Pink Champagne, Gatorade, and MRE's said...

this looks fantastic and i love martha! I'm game!