When I say sour then sweet, I'm not referring to Sour Patch Kids. I'm talking about M-O-V-I-N-G. More specifically, my husband and I and moving.
Dear Lord, if we get through this both in whole pieces, it will be amazing.
Yesterday, we woke up and headed out to one of our favorite breakfast places for our last Sunday brunch. It was just as tasty as ever. On the way back, we made a pit stop at Cracker Barrel to pick out audiobooks for our long drive on Wednesday.
Upon returning home, we both spent the greater part of the day packing our "essentials" -- Army gear, minimal clothing items, and laptop for him; cleaning supplies, clothes, shoes, cameras, running gear + priceless wedding items for me.
With the stress running high, I'd be lying if I said it was all rainbows and sunshine in our household. We bickered over whether or not something would be packed in one of our vehicles, but then I found him scrubbing down our bathroom in preparation for our move out inspection on Wednesday. You gotta love a man who is willing to go elbow-deep in a tub with a scrub brush!
Much of the day continued in that fashion -- sour then sweet -- and we've managed to not kill each other yet. We still have today and tomorrow with the movers though, so we're not quite out of the woods! ;)








12 comments:
Good luck with the movers tomorrow! It can feel overwhelming, but somehow everything will get packed and will end up at your new place!
In the spirit of moving, I saw this posted on a Facebook status this past weekend. I'm sure that it will act as a reminder that a move could always be worse!
"Movers finished this morning and we hadn't seen the cat since yesterday. ...Chuck and I followed the movers to the warehouse and tapped on all 21 of our crates listening for her. We found her!! She was wrapped inside the coffee table and nailed in a crate. Our stuff was headed to storage for three months. We are so thankful we found our Saphira! Praise God!!"
I know how you feel! Hang in there! It is ALMOST over! You can breathe a sigh or relief VERY SOON!
Good luck with the rest of the move. And try not to kill him.
Good luck with the move! You guys can get through it!
My husband and I always joked that moving would be the only thing that would cause us to get a divorce. We bicker like crazy! Good luck. I hope everything goes smoothly!
Sister, I have been there! Good luck good luck good luck!
I just read about the cat in the coffee table!! Holy cow!
PCS time is stressful. Take a cue from me and use those long TV-less nights to shotgun alcohol and play cards. It takes the edge off :)
Hang in there! Before you know it you'll be standing in the middle of an empty house! Good luck with the rest of the move and hopefully you get your stuff soon!
Best of luck! You two will get through both the sour and sweet spots.
good luck! :)
Good luck with the move! Where in GA are you two going?
I hear ya! I think it's really sweet that he cleaned the bathroom! My hubby does stuff like that and we bicker and argue, but it all comes out in the wash :-) I hope that the rest of your move goes smoothly and that you're able to enjoy the drive together!
Post a Comment