Those red a--less chaps I speak of would be my skin. Sunburned. Hah. You would have thought I learned my lesson after my last sunburn. Or after maybe, you know, spending 24 years in the great state of Florida with sun-soaked summers.
Nope, apparently spending over a year and a half up "north" -- a year in the District and now at our post up north -- makes me forget all sun logic.
To my credit, I did slather on sunscreen. My face and front of my legs are fine. My calves are fine [they get regular sun from running -- I have an oh-so-sexy ankle tan line to prove it!] and my arms are ok. My backside and thighs though... not so much. My mom even commented on how white my thighs are!
I guess my failure was to not slather on a second application of sunscreen. Or maybe it was the midday nap on the front of the boat. It was quite funny though, because I got home and was not the least bit pink. I actually congratulated myself on remembering to use sunscreen and not get burned. Sigh.
I just wish my husband was here to point and laugh at my white-white-white butt and my red legs. He would find it highly amusing.
With that said, I managed to suck it up, hydrate or die yesterday and make it out for a 5 mile run this morning. Good God, I felt like I was breathing through a wet towel. These five miles were much, MUCH harder than my 14 miler on Tuesday, solely because the heat index was apparently 96 degrees and 91% humidity at -- wait for it -- 8 AM! Let's just say that I was congratulating myself for not stopping to walk on my last mile of the run. It was that bad. But I slogged through it and reminded myself that the worse training is, the easier it will be on race day. Woo.








6 comments:
Okay, I'll admit I totally clicked on the link to see why you had red, a--less chaps. =)
Yay for still completing your run...red, a--less chaps and all!
Haha... I've so done that! Ouch! Don't forget the aloe!
I ALWAYS get burnt!!! Nice job on the miles...the heat is killing me here. I've decided all long runs inside on the treadmill (BOO!!!) until it's under 90 again.
I ALWAYS get sunburned! I had a bad one last summer, so I feel your pain :(
Haha! Not laughing at you, but with you! I always do the same thing! My body is tan from being out all summer but when I decided to give the backs of my legs and my bum a little attention I always end up paying the price! I'm such an idiot! Remember what I told you about the aloe in the fridge:)
Ouchie ouchie ouchie. I burn so badly and so easily, so I feel your pain!!
Post a Comment