02 July 2010

no meat athlete?

Hello blog friends -- I have a favor to ask of all of you! One of my 101 goals is to go vegetarian for a week. I figure the best time to do this is when the hubs is gone for Army training, as he definitely loves all sorts of meat and would not stand for this sort of thing! :)

I have a few cookbooks that I'm going to sort through and hopefully find some yummy recipes, but I figured I would ask you all if there is anything you've made or had that would be worth trying.

I'm planning to still drink milk and eat cheese (a lacto-vegetarian, I believe is what they're called), but will do my best to cut back on the cheese end of the deal.

Actually. SCRATCH THAT. If I'm going to do this, I'm going to do this hardcore. [oh my goodness, I'm so scared. I love cheese. I have this weird feeling that this is going to be like when I tried the South Beach diet and had dreams of cookies and brownies while going through my sugar withdrawals, except with cheese. Glorious, glorious cheese.] 

Ok, so with that said, recipes? Successes? Utter failures that I should avoid?

Let me know!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loooove cheese too. I admire you for giving it up!! I don't think I could give up cheese OR meat! Sorry I don't have any recipes:( Good luck!

Katie said...

Good luck! I Could never give up milk and cheese!

Anonymous said...

I don't have any recipes, but I wanted to say good luck! =)

lmc said...

http://productsearch.barnesandnoble.com/search/results.aspx?store=BOOK&WRD=clean+food+a+seasonal+guide+to+eating+close+to&box=clean&pos=0

This has some yummy recipes :)

hmb said...

Lola you crazy girl...I could do no meat but never no cheese! Props to you...no recipes :(

Alexis said...

I made a yummy eggplant scampi style pasta the other night. I grilled red onion eggplant and tomatoes and tossed with olive oil I heated with garlic and then added fresh torn basil. (I also added fresh goat cheese, but you could just leave that part out) It was so yummy and summery fresh!