11 July 2010

veggie FAIL

Well, I can say that I made it 3.5 days as a vegetarian. My breaking point came on Friday afternoon at our unit's steering meeting BBQ. Veggies or delish freshly grilled cheeseburger. Yeah, it took about fifteen minutes for me to throw in the towel on that. I guess it was kind of silly of me to think that I could do the veggie thing during the summer with the gorgeous weather = grilling season! :) I'll give it another go this week, starting with Monday night's dinner and running through the following Monday's lunch. 

Other than that epic fail, I've had a lovely few days! I went to see Despicable Me with S and her husband on Friday night. Saturday, she and I went with another friend of mine to the French Festival in a nearby-ish town on the water and had a fabulous time. There were so many different craft vendors and food vendors [mmm, FUDGE!]. After getting more than our fair share of sun sweat, we hopped in the car, headed a little bit further down the shoreline to another town to have lunch on the patio of the river. It was a gorgeous view with a perfect breeze, good company and fabulous food. 

This morning I got up and headed out on the 12 mile run that I failed to do last weekend because of the heat we've had. I got up at 6:30 and it was freaking gorgeous outside. I took it slow and did not completely feel like death at the end. It's the furthest I've ran since the half marathon back in March, and the 14 miler I have this weekend will be the first uncharted territory of the training. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared, but if I can get up and run early again, I'm sure it will be fabulous!

10 comments:

Megan said...

Well vegetables are overrated anyways. Who wouldn't want a yummy fresh off the grill cheeseburger?

gv said...

Yum...cheeseburger!!! What event are you training for???

Cole said...

You made it longer than I would have! Cheeseburgers definitely win!

lmc said...

I was wondering how the veggies were going. Did you ever make it to the tofu?

tootie said...

How was Despicable Me? I'm debating whether to see that or Toy Story 3. (Yes, I'm a total kid :)

Anonymous said...

you can do it! I think once you're at that many miles 2 more wont seem like that big of a deal.

Anonymous said...

Try vegetarianism if you get stationed at Fort Lewis. So easy to not eat meat out here...they have no clue how to grill or BBQ. So frustrating!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I just found your blog through random blog clicking. I noticed that you mentioned "up North" and my husband and I are headed that way this fall. Frankly, I'm terrified. I'm from the south and the four days of snow Atlanta had this past winter was more than enough for me. I look forward to keeping up with your journeys.
Also, I am sad to hear there is no decent Mexican there. I could eat Mexican everyday.
And I will root SEC all the way with you... but when it's time to divide, I'm Crimson Tide. ;)

Lisa said...

I would have given up on veggie at a BBQ too! Glad the 12 miles went well!

Katie said...

at least you made it a little while! more than I could have done!